What is different with ORCHESTRA?
- ALL model equations read as input in text format at run time, so NO model equations are hidden in the java source code.
- The structure of model definitions is Hierarchical and Object-Oriented.
- Users can construct new models by defining new model objects and keywords.
- ORCHESTRA is written in Java and runs on Windows, Linux and Apple OSX.
What are the advantages?
- ORCHESTRA is flexible: it can easily be extended with new user-defined chemical, physical or biological process models.
- ORCHESTRA is compact: the physical separation of a generic calculation solver and model definitions has resulted in a small and efficient solver executable (ca. 350 kb), but also in very compact model definitions see ( object database ) ca. 30 Kb.
- ORCHESTRA is transparent, as all model equations are available in text format and not hidden within the source code.
- ORCHESTRA is fast: the small size of the calculation solver makes it very suitable for parallel processing on modern multi core hardware.